Skip to content

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Welcome to the Adobe Fonts UserVoice! Our product team is excited to develop this page as we begin to receive your ideas and feedback.

You can vote for an existing idea or add your own. When adding a new idea, please include:
  1. Description of the feature or area of product
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, any images or screenshots that help us understand your request
  4. BONUS! What is your occupation, and do you select fonts in your daily workflows?
We look forward to hearing from you!
—The Adobe Fonts team

If your submission is not a product feature or suggestion, and/or it's not about Adobe Fonts or using fonts in Adobe software, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and do not post personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help using the Adobe Fonts service? You can:
1. Check out our documentation here
3. Post in our Community and get answers from type experts

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

25 results found

1. Add a visible warning message when there is a bug like this one, lasting so long. I've wasted a lot of time trying to fix the issue. No need that others waste their time too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  08. Font bugs  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Would love to see 3 new tags.

1. Condensed - including all fonts that are tall and thin, regardless of font style and including but not exclusively fonts labeled "condensed" and "compressed". (examples-Birch, Niagara, and Bee, also Alternate Gothic Condensed and Compressed)

Extended - including all fonts that are short and wide, regardless of font style and including but not exclusively fonts labeled "Extended". (examples-Blackoak, Madrone, and HWT Tuscan Extended, Milka, Modesto Expanded, Neuzon Regular, Viva Std Bold Extra Extended.)

Square - All fonts with squared corners, regardless of font style, whether or not the corners are sharp, whether or not…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would really appreciate it, if there was a better way to manage fonts. Having all fonts in a list, all families expanded no less, requires me to scroll through everything when I am looking for something particular I cannot remember the name of. And when I go through them one by one I have to click on every item on the list to be given a preview, no using my downward key to save time.
    If there were a way to allow for the creation and use of tags or folders, it would be an immense time saver.
    The…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I don’t know how other people are feeling about it, but when it comes to the Tags, things like Wedding of Fun don’t really help me a lot, but I would love to be able to search for Display or Condensed fonts. And I would second the suggestion someone else already made, that it would be great if there were tags according to the best use of fonts like Newspaper, Books or Magazines.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Could we have a specific category for display fonts? It would be very helpful
    to appear in the left panel, in the filters.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Give high level categories to narrow down search.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'd like to be able to do 2 things from within the Adobe Fonts interface, and if possible through Adobe apps:

1) Create / choose a template to create type specimen sheets, and
    2) Create personal / shareable Font Packs.

The specimen sheet request is a great way to preview a font/family.

Personally curated Font Packs would be invaluable for curating and activating/deactivating project-based fonts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The ability to search a font by keyword. For example, "military font."

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. On Monotype, or stock sites like iStock, you can create your own named lightboxes for different projects of saved collections of fonts. It's pretty limiting to only use the pre-create font collections, I feel like it's hard to find what I'm looking for and half of font usage is being able to find the right thing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. While browsing fonts, the previews of the fonts are not displayed with language specific glyphs, even when filtering fonts with chosen language support is selected. These glyphs can be previewed only on a subpage of individual font, making it very difficult to quickly check, whether the previewed font has a proper accents and localization.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. To be able to search for specific attributes in font families that are symbols or outlined or illustrative would be helpful. I have a project where I need to use a lot of symbols and I would like to be able to see all of the symbols available. At this point, there are no predetermined tags for symbols.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I wish we could have better tags for searching fonts, as well as using multiple filters at once. Adobe font's should just steal what dafont.com uses. It takes way too long to find a font I need on their site

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would love to add a reference to typefaces to a CC library. This would make managing Brand Assets using CC Libraries even better. I would like the ability to add a font/family to a library from the http://fonts.adobe.com web viewer as I'm researching fonts.

I would also like to be able to Activate and Deactivate these fonts from the library panel in InDesign.

With this CC Library feature, it would create a more seamless alignment for creative professionals working on the same brand as it relates to Fonts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When i download a font, it's usually because I have in mind a specific requirement that I need it for. For example, some fonts I've downloaded for use in western themes, others because they resemble a specific old font used in a particular book and yet others for numerals only that i want. Keeping track of these is impossible because often several months may elapse between downloading and usage. Would love to be able to add a custom description to a font when downloading or using and then be able to search for those words when i'm looking for it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search by theme
    I would like to be able to search by theme like Romantic, Celtic, Athletic, etc in Adobe Fonts. I've had minimal luck doing a google search.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. No tag category for wingdings or dingbats which are icons and arrow head etc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  2 comments  ·  01. No category  ·  Admin →
  18. Please introduce better filtering options:
    - Double story/single story g
    - Double-storey/single-storey a
    - Dynamic shapes, Passive shapes, Constructed shapes
    - Fonts by use (newspaper, book, poster)
    - Fonts with variable sizes
    - type fonts

Your filter is currently a bit stone-age and just doesn't do the products justice. Thank you!

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I'd like to be able to search for fonts that would be suitable for athletic wear by searching for smart keywords such as "athletic" or "varsity".

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add the italic variations to the font for Argent CF. The foundry advised they are meant to be included in the family of fonts on Adobe and that this is an oversight on Adobes's part.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?