Skip to content

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Welcome to the Adobe Fonts UserVoice! Our product team is excited to develop this page as we begin to receive your ideas and feedback.

You can vote for an existing idea or add your own. When adding a new idea, please include:
  1. Description of the feature or area of product
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, any images or screenshots that help us understand your request
  4. BONUS! What is your occupation, and do you select fonts in your daily workflows?
We look forward to hearing from you!
—The Adobe Fonts team

If your submission is not a product feature or suggestion, and/or it's not about Adobe Fonts or using fonts in Adobe software, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and do not post personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help using the Adobe Fonts service? You can:
1. Check out our documentation here
3. Post in our Community and get answers from type experts

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

53 results found

1. Users should be able to 'hide' fonts that they don't want to see in the drop down menu. System fonts like 'Noto Sans' essentially divide the whole menu with a large number of fonts that can't be deleted from the system. Having the ability to hide these fonts is the solution that many people have been asking for, but for some reason both adobe and apple have ignored the problem.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The ability to manage the different versions of the fonts in a specific admin console, for company accounts, to define which version must be used by the end users in the company and, if needed, force the font update in all the end user machines.
    This is requested because when fonts are updated and the changes are related with kerning or characters, inside a company with several layout designers, can lead to different results because different users can have different versions of a font.
    Related with this request, users should be informed when a font is updated in Adobe Fonts

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Font won't add

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I have to re-install fonts multiple times for them to show up on my adobe cloud manager app. Then i need to quit it and reopen multiple times to even prompt the fonts. It's a really terrible system right now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Could you allow collapsing all font family names at once in the font manager, please? It is not productive to collapse one by one, and the view of everything expanded by default is very bad. Thanks!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop sending me daily messages - for at least a month - telling me that Bree font has been installed, when it obviously hasn't.
    Or advise how to turn it off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A way to tag fonts or categorize them so they are easier to find in CC.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. PLEASE play nice with Connect Fonts! It is a giant PIA to launch Creative Cloud and activate Adobe Fonts there! Every designer I know uses Connect Fonts to manage their fonts - come on!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Packaging FONTS for outside printers to use. This was such a seamless process for designers and printers. I really miss it. My installed fonts and Adobe fonts are missing in the packaging process now. PLEASE bring this option back!
    Carol L Smith

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow shared management of font web projects. without this ability you can lose access to web projects if someone leaves the team, etc. It also makes it hard to add font weights, verify ownership, etc.

I can't create a shared dummy account either due to cost issues.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It's very annoying and time-consuming to open a document and be told that all fonts included are inactive. Then I have to open up the Creative Cloud app, the fonts webpage, etc. to go "renew" or re-download the fonts.

Bonus: None of this has worked and even after uninstalling and reinstalling the fonts, InDesign still says they are inactive.

Bonus 2: How are these fonts "expired"? I work with these fonts in the same document at least once a month, and I have for the past two years.

This is such a waste of time. If I was a freelancer…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I think it would be good to add a "Download All Fonts" button somewhere within the fonts page in the Creative Cloud Desktop App. The button would download all fonts in your font library. This would be an amazing feature and would make it easier for users to download all their fonts at once. For example If a user buys a new computer and is not transferring their data across and is just simply doing a full reset or if someone completely resets their pc for some reason they have to go in the app and install all their fonts…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please make fonts automatically install in non-adobe apps like before. I noticed the fonts are not showing up in my third party font manager any longer and after lots of restarting and re-syncing i realized there was a change in service.

This is a terrible user experience. it now feels like i have to activate everything twice one by one.

At least put a preference so we can get future fonts to install everywhere. Rather than have to individually change them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adobe should have a true font-management tool, something which allows one to manage all fonts stored on a Mac/PC. Such a tool can dramatically improve font workflow -- I've been using Maintype 11, and it's great, but Adobe should have their own tool like that.

Yes, Adobe does have a very lightweight and feature-lacking "half-tool" for managing fonts, but it's kind of a joke, and lacks almost all the features I would want to see -- it's not a true font-manager at all; it only lets you install or uninstall fonts from the fonts.adobe.com website, and doesn't let you arbitrarily…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would love to see 3 new tags.

1. Condensed - including all fonts that are tall and thin, regardless of font style and including but not exclusively fonts labeled "condensed" and "compressed". (examples-Birch, Niagara, and Bee, also Alternate Gothic Condensed and Compressed)

Extended - including all fonts that are short and wide, regardless of font style and including but not exclusively fonts labeled "Extended". (examples-Blackoak, Madrone, and HWT Tuscan Extended, Milka, Modesto Expanded, Neuzon Regular, Viva Std Bold Extra Extended.)

Square - All fonts with squared corners, regardless of font style, whether or not the corners are sharp, whether or not…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Being able to change the preview text, the spacing, and leading would help immensely when picking out a font for a new project.
    In addition to the regular preview the same pictures provided with the fonts on the website would allow for a quick overview.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would really appreciate it, if there was a better way to manage fonts. Having all fonts in a list, all families expanded no less, requires me to scroll through everything when I am looking for something particular I cannot remember the name of. And when I go through them one by one I have to click on every item on the list to be given a preview, no using my downward key to save time.
    If there were a way to allow for the creation and use of tags or folders, it would be an immense time saver.
    The…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The Adobe Fonts section in the Creative Cloud Desktop App needs some improvements to its user interface. Currently the fonts list does not have a functioning scroll bar. At work I use a desktop PC running Win 11 Pro and at home I use a notebook running Win 10 Pro. At work I can get by using the scroll wheel on my mouse. At home I have a Wacom tablet connected; the only way I can scroll through the fonts list is by hitting arrow keys on the keyboard. And that often doesn't work. It's really annoying.

I really miss…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Filtering fonts by Serif, Sans Serif, etc. – like in the apps themselves – would be helpful when managing in CC desktop.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I usually have fonts as part of my MadCap Flare help authoring projects. I create some font variables using a path in the project. With Adobe's embed code, how could I reference a specific font without a path?

Thank you,

Jim

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?