Skip to content

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Welcome to the Adobe Fonts UserVoice! Our product team is excited to develop this page as we begin to receive your ideas and feedback.

You can vote for an existing idea or add your own. When adding a new idea, please include:
  1. Description of the feature or area of product
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, any images or screenshots that help us understand your request
  4. BONUS! What is your occupation, and do you select fonts in your daily workflows?
We look forward to hearing from you!
—The Adobe Fonts team

If your submission is not a product feature or suggestion, and/or it's not about Adobe Fonts or using fonts in Adobe software, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and do not post personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help using the Adobe Fonts service? You can:
1. Check out our documentation here
3. Post in our Community and get answers from type experts

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

67 results found

1. Your current categorization "system" – Hallowe'en (?!), Fun, Futuristic, etc. – appeals to amateurs and is near useless to professional typesetters.

I want to be able to see if a font has small caps, is suitable for body copy in books or is better for headlines and display, etc. It would also be great to be able to view by date designed and other typographic fine-tuning options.

Adobe has been in the font business for many decades. I would think that you could offer far better tools to find your font offerings.

Thanks,

Gareth

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can you please add more technical information, including the ability to preview a font's full list of characters - similar to the glyph flyout menu?

Also - please improve the search capabilities. Right now, when I need a font, I must first go to OTHER websites like fonts.com to do my research and preview the full character list. When i narrow down my choices, i then go BACK to adobe fonts and cross my fingers and hope you have what i need. For the amount of money I pay each month, this should not be my experience.

You need to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hi,

The 'About' section of the Interstate font states: ... 'The family was expanded to include full support for Central and Eastern Europe languages, as well as Cyrillic and Greek.'

That is however not the case with the version provided by Adobe, which only includes standard version without other languages support. I think this is an example tapping into a broader problem: Adobe customers are not treated equally. Those, whose projects involve languages other than those considered 'standard' (which in itself sounds bizarre), are out of luck. While the extended language version of this particular font exists and is advertised…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I’d like to be able to view more fonts per page of search results.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. I'd like to fine tune my font search by having more secondary groups for example if I filter by serif I'd also like to be able to browse by old style, transitional, modern, or just all.
    2. A filter for fonts with alternative characters.
    3. True small capitals
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. There is no Search field on the "All Fonts" page. Pretty unbelievable. One has to toggle back to the "Home" page to search for a specific font. Please fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please introduce better filtering options:
    - Double story/single story g
    - Double-storey/single-storey a
    - Dynamic shapes, Passive shapes, Constructed shapes
    - Fonts by use (newspaper, book, poster)
    - Fonts with variable sizes
    - type fonts

Your filter is currently a bit stone-age and just doesn't do the products justice. Thank you!

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In the Creative Cloud app, fonts families appear with panels fully open. It annoys me to have to scroll! There should be the ability to collapse all fonts families at once instead of having to do it individually. Even better would be a way to search for a font in the app. The search field in the CC app searches for other things that take me to the Adobe website. I would to be able to search for a font and activate/deactivate it within the app without having to scroll to find it!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please, please, please add Welsh to the list of languages, this would save hours browsing fonts which do not have the rare w and y's with circumflex accents which are needed to typeset in Welsh. With the need to make documents accessible, ie. text readers for the visually impaired, workarounds for missing accents are no longer workable and having fonts with all the accents included is essential.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. please place a filter in the adobe font library for which fonts have ligatures and swashes. it is truly disappointing to have to load a font in an application before seeing if they have ligatures/swatches—takes much time. thank you for your good help.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I don’t know how other people are feeling about it, but when it comes to the Tags, things like Wedding of Fun don’t really help me a lot, but I would love to be able to search for Display or Condensed fonts. And I would second the suggestion someone else already made, that it would be great if there were tags according to the best use of fonts like Newspaper, Books or Magazines.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it easier to find fonts that are designed to reflect a cultural feeling.
    Fonts in English that have a Chinese, Celtic, Russian,etc. FEELING to the design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SCROLLING IN LARGE QUANTITIES
    If I as a professional am looking for a font I want to be able to scroll. Now I have to look and then click to the next page over and over again. This gives a big delay in the process. Websites like DaFont give you the option to look per 25, 500 100 or 200 fonts. I d not understand how a company specialized in graphic software can miss this and needs to be asked for this feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'm looking for a font with a full set of ligatures, which means manually copying in glyphs from elsewhere and scanning through pages and pages of fonts that don't include what I need. (84 pages of sans serif! No way I'm going to take time to click through all of these.)

It would be awesome to have the option to automatically filter out any font that comes up with an empty glyph in the sample type, or some other way to browse only fonts that include specific glyph sets, whether it's ligatures, accents, math symbols, etc.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would love to be able to favorite and follow type studios and designers that I like and get notified when they release new fonts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As a Designer working to create branding, identity and logos, for over 25 years, when searching for a font to use for literally anything, I need to quickly see all font styles at once and don't have time to manually turn down every folders' arrow to preview them individually. Sometimes different styles look entirely different than the version presented by default, and this can't be anticipated. It's better to have the option to preview all styles than making users do more work accomplish this. I've found that having this feature (as you can in Suitcase) is a HUGE time saving…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The ability to search a font by keyword. For example, "military font."

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When you enter your own type in the main search, keep the same custom-entered type when you click into a specific typeface.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why adobe font hasnt search by Cyrillic font indicator?
    my language is bulgarian, but cyrillic fonts are used by 70 languages and about 300 milions people. There are Macedonian, Russian, Serbian... my country is missing. But most fonts for Cyrillic countries have the same letters.
    The search option in adobe has to have cyrillic!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?