Skip to content

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Welcome to the Adobe Fonts UserVoice! Our product team is excited to develop this page as we begin to receive your ideas and feedback.

You can vote for an existing idea or add your own. When adding a new idea, please include:
  1. Description of the feature or area of product
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, any images or screenshots that help us understand your request
  4. BONUS! What is your occupation, and do you select fonts in your daily workflows?
We look forward to hearing from you!
—The Adobe Fonts team

If your submission is not a product feature or suggestion, and/or it's not about Adobe Fonts or using fonts in Adobe software, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and do not post personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help using the Adobe Fonts service? You can:
1. Check out our documentation here
3. Post in our Community and get answers from type experts

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

23 results found

1. Adobe does not have the font Gotham. This is a very popular font and it has been popular for a very long time. I was told by Adobe Support that it is not in the Adobe Fonts collection because it is a 3rd party font. For a long time, Adobe has been negligent and still carries way too little number of fonts, and not enough of the popular ones that are considered current to design. After collecting so much money from Adobe subscriptions, Adobe should be providing better and more fonts. This poses a huge problem for startups and freelancer…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Everytime you do a bug fix with "stabilization" you mess up how fonts work. I always use a specific font, optical, size, and spacing. Now I have to reset it every dang time I click another tool. Stop messing with the font box. it is so annoying and time consuming. I spend hours a day on Photoshop! Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would love to see a section on a font’s page that shows complementary fonts (fonts that pair well with the searched font).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There are some HUGE gaps in Adobe collection, especially since you dropped former "gold-standard" Type 1.

This is a "wish-list" for OpenType fonts:

You need to replace some fonts you dropped, others that you never had, fill some gaping basic-stuff holes, flesh-out some families, try to keep things consistantly available, and some of this is simply stuff that would be nice to have.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Although support for Type 1 fonts has ended, we have not removed any fonts from our service. Many of the fonts on your list are already included in the Adobe Fonts library as part of your Creative Cloud subscription. 

If you are looking to replace Type 1 fonts that are not offered in our library, we recommend reaching out to the foundry or their reseller. Further details and recommendations can be found in our help article.

5. i don't see a specific page to submit my foundry or fonts to add to adobe fonts font library, would be great to have some sort of font management for foundries if there isn't

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I received a file from a client that had Ofelia Display trial previously used. since my account is not a trial one, I can't replace the fonts with the full version, WHYYYYYYY?????

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

received  ·  1 comment  ·  08. Font bugs  ·  Admin →
  7. The licensing information for fonts is extremely minimal and confusing. I was using this font on a website, because according to Adobe it is cleared for "website publishing". . . But I still received an email from the font foundry that I wasn't legally using the font, and now I have to pay them for a license. I'm still confused as to how I am supposed to "legally" use Adobe fonts on website, and when I called customer service to get a better explanation- they were unable to help me. So my suggestions would be:
    1. Provide much more detailed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. If we could have a way to access fonts as WOFF2 this would help with page speed when implementing them on websites. This could compress the file sizes by 30%.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. As a project is worked on by several designers from the company, it would be nice if it were possible to download a file to save in the Documents Fonts folder so that, when clicking on this file, it would go directly to activating the font on the page. It could be an xml, for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can you provide a way to figure out which font can be used as a substitute for an expiring Type 1 font? Many of my long-term projects use classic fonts like Univers and I'm finding it hard to find a similar substitute.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I need to be able to use adobe fonts when offline! I‘m on a trip right now and wanted to use the time to work. Well, tough luck, i can‘t because the adobe fonts got removed/deactivated.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The key to using Adobe Fonts offline is to 1. Not log out of the  Creative Cloud desktop app, and 2. Don't shut down your computer. As  long as you remain signed in after losing internet, you should be able  to continue working with the fonts.

I know  this is not ideal, and I'm sorry to hear you ran into this issue. Our  team appreciates your feedback and we hope to improve this experience.

12. There is no Cyrillic filter option on https://fonts.adobe.com/. I wanted to upgrade my Adobe account to include Illustrator, but all the work I am going to do is with Cyrillic fonts and upon trying to see if there are any good ones on Adobe, I couldn't because the filter is simply missing. I am guessing the same is true for the in-app search as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I updated my Adobe Illustrator and Adobe XD - after that on all flyers and wireframes I had Helvetica Neue used, replaced the font. And surprisingly, I have been using it for a long time and now I cannot even see it on the list.

What just happened?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multiple team members making substitutions = inconsistency, UNLESS we can create a cross reference of our chosen Type 1 > Open Type substitutions, including what tweaks each person should make to accommodate ensuing changes to line wrap, leading, styles, etc. We can't have one person changing tracking to accommodate a new font, while another sizes the font down. Or chooses a different font...

I know the list might change, but can we at least download a "current" list of possible choices? Surfing online through our subscription fonts to activate and test is going to be a full-time job for the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've attached a list of the fonts included in our subscription library as of today. This list will quickly become outdated as we add new fonts all the time, but we hope it gives you a starting point to manage this transition. I'm sorry that we're not able to help further, but I've shared your comments with our product team for consideration.

15. It would be wonderful if you could stock up with more Hebrew serif fonts, like: Greta Text Hebrew and Fedra Serif by Typotheque, or Emuna and Bar Yochay by Masterfont.

These serif fonts would be useful for book and traditional scriptural text more than the existing sans-serif catalog.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In the regular web interface the icons/switches for Font Contrast progress from low to high contrast.
    However the corresponding interface inside Adobe Portfolio has the Icons in reversed order (high to low contrast) while maintaining the order of functionallity from low to high.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hi... I work with Vietnamese text pretty often using Active Grotesk Condense and Extended versions. Could you please add on accents to the fonts as its really not productive to this manually especially when on deadlines! I don't have this problem if I'm using the regular versions, but unfortunately really need them for the condense and extended versions. Hope you can help!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adobe Fonts is missing two weights of Google's Rubik. Is it possible to add SemiBold and ExtraBold? It's open source.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mrs Eaves is a great font, but two essential glyphs are not available in the Latin version (ő ű). Because of these two missing glyphs, we cannot use Mrs Eaves. There is a Central European version, but it is not included in Adobe Fonts. The CE font on Emigre's website: https://www.emigre.com/Fonts/Mrs-Eaves-CE

Is it possible to include the Central European version in Adobe Fonts? It would be of great help for us in Hungary :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?