Skip to content

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Welcome to the Adobe Fonts UserVoice! Our product team is excited to develop this page as we begin to receive your ideas and feedback.

You can vote for an existing idea or add your own. When adding a new idea, please include:
  1. Description of the feature or area of product
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, any images or screenshots that help us understand your request
  4. BONUS! What is your occupation, and do you select fonts in your daily workflows?
We look forward to hearing from you!
—The Adobe Fonts team

If your submission is not a product feature or suggestion, and/or it's not about Adobe Fonts or using fonts in Adobe software, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and do not post personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help using the Adobe Fonts service? You can:
1. Check out our documentation here
3. Post in our Community and get answers from type experts

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

49 results found

1. We have the fact that it is important for us that we have the same possibilities for processing with the Indesign Server as with the desktop. For this, it is essential that we can also retrieve and thus process the Adobe fonts via the Indesign server.
    In the context of the shortage of skilled workers and the move towards automation, such processing is essential for us. The license for the fonts is already paid via the users who do the design and also via the server license, which is considerably more expensive than that of a desktop station.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Hello, I need the font Gill Sans Nova (italic) on Adobe (Acrobat - PDF editiing). I have a university account but when I want to download the font in the stock. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. certain fonts (like Shippori Antique for example) appear to be out of date or not matching their counterparts on Google Fonts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The licensing information for fonts is extremely minimal and confusing. I was using this font on a website, because according to Adobe it is cleared for "website publishing". . . But I still received an email from the font foundry that I wasn't legally using the font, and now I have to pay them for a license. I'm still confused as to how I am supposed to "legally" use Adobe fonts on website, and when I called customer service to get a better explanation- they were unable to help me. So my suggestions would be:
    1. Provide much more detailed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'd like to be able to do 2 things from within the Adobe Fonts interface, and if possible through Adobe apps:

1) Create / choose a template to create type specimen sheets, and
    2) Create personal / shareable Font Packs.

The specimen sheet request is a great way to preview a font/family.

Personally curated Font Packs would be invaluable for curating and activating/deactivating project-based fonts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Would it be possible to still have access to previous versions of fonts released (with an option to choose which version is needed).

Due the nature of the way we work, many of products are re-purposed and have a long shelf-life, i.e. reprinted over a number of years.

Release notes would be useful to help us understand the changes/differences between the versions, and whether this might impact the extent/text flow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Although I like being able to "HEART" a font, it's one dimensional to my needs.

I would like to be able to create a "TAG" or a "FOLDER" so that as I'm researching Adobe fonts for a project, I can virtually/dynamically organize them into that "TAG". Then, when in InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, I can filter fonts to show just those associated with that TAG/FOLDER.

This would be helpful if you're jumping into and out of various brands that use different Typefaces.

You could better organize groups of fonts by Brand or Project and get to them faster.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Suggestion: provide options to sort, and ideally to filter (live search) the lists of active and previously active fonts in the Creative Cloud app.

At a minimum, I'd suggest the lists be sorted alphabetically as standard. Looking at my active fonts, the order appears arbitrary at first, but I believe it must be the order in which I activated them, which I don't think is useful.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. To have access to Adobe Fonts from a licenses with restricted functionality - online.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The UI for creating a new web project and adding/removing existing fonts needs serious attention. I've been searching for a way to do this and can't seem to find the way...

There should be BIG COLORFUL BUTTONS with customization functionality. I do not understand why there are not buttons in the web projects section for users to add fonts or to create new web projects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For Companies that would like to move dozens, if not hundreds of Fonts to Adobe Font, allow for a batch upload of Fonts (currently there is a batch limit of 20)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. It would be helpful to filter and sort through the fonts in our font libraries the same way we search for them in the search bar on the landing page.

2. It would be lovely to have a search bar in the manage fonts section. Even if we know the name of the fonts we have or don't have, when we want to find them, we only have the option to scroll to them or reorganize the list of fonts alphabetically. I've found this time-consuming, making the experience of working with the site too slow at times when I'm working on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. That they work within say 10 mins!!! AN hour - let me know

PS - how I'm already logged in and you ask me to re log in - very time-using program to use for busy people - like , er , everyone - suggest you serve your subscribers better

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. I can manage fonts I have purchased OUTSIDE of Adobe, and deploy them to all workstations.

2. Individual users can navigate to https://fonts.adobe.com/ and add Adobe fonts to their workstation.

but.... as an Enterprise Administrator I do not have the ability to designate which workstations, or if all workstations, should have particular fonts from https://fonts.adobe.com/ already installed on the workstation.

I would like to select a font (like Futura PT), and have it automatically load on workstations when the users sign in - without their need to intervene.

In our environment consistency between workstations is imperative. Even though a user has…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. On the Adobe Fonts website, when looking at Active Fonts, every font is listed by default, grouped by family. When trying out fonts in a design, these can add up quickly, especially if you're trying different weights.

It would be immensely helpful when attempting to clean up, rather than nuking ALL the fonts (which may be a nice feature for some, but I do have a few I keep around for most projects), it would be nice if the families were collapsed by default.

An inline summary of the number of fonts in each family should be added to more…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. For many pro users Photoshop comes with a lot of unnecessary variable fonts. It would be nice to be able to control them on a user level and not be forced by Adobe to have them installed. I don't need them and they get in the way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I've lost count of the number of times I enable certain Adobe fonts via your website only for them to be highlighted as 'missing' the next time I open my InDesign document that uses them! Is this a bug or a limit on the number of fonts I can enable? If you're getting rid of OTF support across your products then your own fonts need to be reliable. Also, on that subject, a comparison to OTF fonts would be useful in the search.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Suggestion: make it possible to remove fonts from the "previously active" list in the Creative Cloud app.

Sometimes you try and then firmly reject a font, or have fonts you used long ago for just one project and are really unlikely to need again. It would be nice to be able to remove these even from the "previously active" list, as it grows longer!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I use Adobe fonts in other applications. I wasn't able to edit text because you had decided to turn off my fonts and force me to redownload them without actually telling me. I had to do a whole bunch of troubleshooting because of your lack of communication.

When you decide to turn off your users fonts, can you please at least email me to let me know? I don't want to have to waste like 45 minutes testing a bunch of stuff.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The current font syncing UX through creative cloud is extremely frustrating. After downloading a dozen font families, those families are constantly disappearing off of my computer (even though the families are still selected as active) and requiring me to re-download/install them individually by font weight/style. This means having to click the "download/install" button 10+ times for every single font family, meaning 100's of clicks for a full library, which has to be re-done every few months. On top of that, the fonts are re-arranged within the list immediately after the download button is clicked (I'm assuming because they're ordered by…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?