Skip to content

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Welcome to the Adobe Fonts UserVoice! Our product team is excited to develop this page as we begin to receive your ideas and feedback.

You can vote for an existing idea or add your own. When adding a new idea, please include:
  1. Description of the feature or area of product
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, any images or screenshots that help us understand your request
  4. BONUS! What is your occupation, and do you select fonts in your daily workflows?
We look forward to hearing from you!
—The Adobe Fonts team

If your submission is not a product feature or suggestion, and/or it's not about Adobe Fonts or using fonts in Adobe software, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and do not post personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help using the Adobe Fonts service? You can:
1. Check out our documentation here
3. Post in our Community and get answers from type experts

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

49 results found

1. Allow shared management of font web projects. without this ability you can lose access to web projects if someone leaves the team, etc. It also makes it hard to add font weights, verify ownership, etc.

I can't create a shared dummy account either due to cost issues.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Could you allow collapsing all font family names at once in the font manager, please? It is not productive to collapse one by one, and the view of everything expanded by default is very bad. Thanks!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. On the Adobe Fonts website, when looking at Active Fonts, every font is listed by default, grouped by family. When trying out fonts in a design, these can add up quickly, especially if you're trying different weights.

It would be immensely helpful when attempting to clean up, rather than nuking ALL the fonts (which may be a nice feature for some, but I do have a few I keep around for most projects), it would be nice if the families were collapsed by default.

An inline summary of the number of fonts in each family should be added to more…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Suggestion: provide options to sort, and ideally to filter (live search) the lists of active and previously active fonts in the Creative Cloud app.

At a minimum, I'd suggest the lists be sorted alphabetically as standard. Looking at my active fonts, the order appears arbitrary at first, but I believe it must be the order in which I activated them, which I don't think is useful.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Users should be able to 'hide' fonts that they don't want to see in the drop down menu. System fonts like 'Noto Sans' essentially divide the whole menu with a large number of fonts that can't be deleted from the system. Having the ability to hide these fonts is the solution that many people have been asking for, but for some reason both adobe and apple have ignored the problem.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Although I like being able to "HEART" a font, it's one dimensional to my needs.

I would like to be able to create a "TAG" or a "FOLDER" so that as I'm researching Adobe fonts for a project, I can virtually/dynamically organize them into that "TAG". Then, when in InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, I can filter fonts to show just those associated with that TAG/FOLDER.

This would be helpful if you're jumping into and out of various brands that use different Typefaces.

You could better organize groups of fonts by Brand or Project and get to them faster.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. God almighty, please, especially now that Adobe bought Figma, let me bulk activate fonts for non-Adobe apps in CC without having to MANUALLY check every variant of a font I want to sync.

I am holding back a lot of contempt for the product managers at Adobe who thought of this feature. Quintessentially a sample of gratuitous suffering that the Adobe team has gotten us used to as paying customers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like the ability to rename existing web font projects. I would also like the ability to duplicate existing web font projects.

Being unable to rename an existing web font project introduces risk and (what I think is) unnecessary busy-work to my web-based projects.

My company publishes educational curricula to variety of platforms both printed and digital. All are produced as HTML templates which are proofed in a web browser and which rely upon Adobe web fonts for their typography.

It is quite common that we don’t know at the onset of a project how many versions and platforms…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would really appreciate it, if there was a better way to manage fonts. Having all fonts in a list, all families expanded no less, requires me to scroll through everything when I am looking for something particular I cannot remember the name of. And when I go through them one by one I have to click on every item on the list to be given a preview, no using my downward key to save time.
    If there were a way to allow for the creation and use of tags or folders, it would be an immense time saver.
    The…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It's very annoying and time-consuming to open a document and be told that all fonts included are inactive. Then I have to open up the Creative Cloud app, the fonts webpage, etc. to go "renew" or re-download the fonts.

Bonus: None of this has worked and even after uninstalling and reinstalling the fonts, InDesign still says they are inactive.

Bonus 2: How are these fonts "expired"? I work with these fonts in the same document at least once a month, and I have for the past two years.

This is such a waste of time. If I was a freelancer…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. PLEASE play nice with Connect Fonts! It is a giant PIA to launch Creative Cloud and activate Adobe Fonts there! Every designer I know uses Connect Fonts to manage their fonts - come on!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adobe should have a true font-management tool, something which allows one to manage all fonts stored on a Mac/PC. Such a tool can dramatically improve font workflow -- I've been using Maintype 11, and it's great, but Adobe should have their own tool like that.

Yes, Adobe does have a very lightweight and feature-lacking "half-tool" for managing fonts, but it's kind of a joke, and lacks almost all the features I would want to see -- it's not a true font-manager at all; it only lets you install or uninstall fonts from the fonts.adobe.com website, and doesn't let you arbitrarily…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Would love to see 3 new tags.

1. Condensed - including all fonts that are tall and thin, regardless of font style and including but not exclusively fonts labeled "condensed" and "compressed". (examples-Birch, Niagara, and Bee, also Alternate Gothic Condensed and Compressed)

Extended - including all fonts that are short and wide, regardless of font style and including but not exclusively fonts labeled "Extended". (examples-Blackoak, Madrone, and HWT Tuscan Extended, Milka, Modesto Expanded, Neuzon Regular, Viva Std Bold Extra Extended.)

Square - All fonts with squared corners, regardless of font style, whether or not the corners are sharp, whether or not…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Filtering fonts by Serif, Sans Serif, etc. – like in the apps themselves – would be helpful when managing in CC desktop.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd like to be able to do 2 things from within the Adobe Fonts interface, and if possible through Adobe apps:

1) Create / choose a template to create type specimen sheets, and
    2) Create personal / shareable Font Packs.

The specimen sheet request is a great way to preview a font/family.

Personally curated Font Packs would be invaluable for curating and activating/deactivating project-based fonts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. For Companies that would like to move dozens, if not hundreds of Fonts to Adobe Font, allow for a batch upload of Fonts (currently there is a batch limit of 20)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. I can manage fonts I have purchased OUTSIDE of Adobe, and deploy them to all workstations.

2. Individual users can navigate to https://fonts.adobe.com/ and add Adobe fonts to their workstation.

but.... as an Enterprise Administrator I do not have the ability to designate which workstations, or if all workstations, should have particular fonts from https://fonts.adobe.com/ already installed on the workstation.

I would like to select a font (like Futura PT), and have it automatically load on workstations when the users sign in - without their need to intervene.

In our environment consistency between workstations is imperative. Even though a user has…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow users who upload fonts ("Add fonts to Creative Cloud") to disable them when desired, to remove them from app menus, without having to Remove them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A way to tag fonts or categorize them so they are easier to find in CC.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. It would be helpful to filter and sort through the fonts in our font libraries the same way we search for them in the search bar on the landing page.

2. It would be lovely to have a search bar in the manage fonts section. Even if we know the name of the fonts we have or don't have, when we want to find them, we only have the option to scroll to them or reorganize the list of fonts alphabetically. I've found this time-consuming, making the experience of working with the site too slow at times when I'm working on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?