Skip to content

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Welcome to the Adobe Fonts UserVoice! Our product team is excited to develop this page as we begin to receive your ideas and feedback.

You can vote for an existing idea or add your own. When adding a new idea, please include:
  1. Description of the feature or area of product
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, any images or screenshots that help us understand your request
  4. BONUS! What is your occupation, and do you select fonts in your daily workflows?
We look forward to hearing from you!
—The Adobe Fonts team

If your submission is not a product feature or suggestion, and/or it's not about Adobe Fonts or using fonts in Adobe software, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and do not post personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help using the Adobe Fonts service? You can:
1. Check out our documentation here
3. Post in our Community and get answers from type experts

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

17 results found

1. I mean people spent plenty of money over the years on really well-designed font collections...often time these cannot be uploaded to CS. The very least you could do is offer more high-quality type from prestigious type houses...not the generic knock-offs. Your job is to make it easier for designers to do great work. Please do not start in about the expense of licenses, you have no trouble charging your own customers hefty monthly fees. So please improve the font experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. For some things, I need to use Microsoft Word, but when I use my Adobe Fonts, and then either choose the 'Save As Adobe PDF' or 'Print to Adobe PDF' plugins, the Adobe Fonts just appear a scrambled mess.

Ironically, Microsoft 'Print to PDF' sometimes works, but not always. Can you please fix this?

One wonderful example attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I added multiple fonts after searching the best ones for the project but it doesn't appear in my InDesign font choice. Also I added Proxima Nova (all the styles) but it only shows up a half of them and I can't download the rest.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I can't understand the difference between the Adobe Source Sans Pro font and the Adobe Source Sans 3 font both present on the platform. They are the same thing?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I am not the only document and book designer to be frustrated with Adobe Fonts. The service interferes with standard InDesign workflows in an ever-expanding list of ways, most notably by (current bug) randomly preventing 3rd-party font managers from activating fonts, attempting to auto-activate cloud versions of fonts that were typeset using an earlier version with different kerning tables, randomly activating numerous fonts the user has not requested, and noticeably slowing down InDesign when opening documents: particularly frustrating if the user has no need of the Adobe Fonts service.

Adobe Fonts is not a complete font management solution, nor can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want to use Express to collaborate with my clients, but not all Adobe fonts work in Express. In the old version, you were able to upload typefaces from your local hard drive, but it doesn't seem like that is an option with the new version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I made Adobe Bengali Variable and added 8 more weights (Thin, Extra-Light,
    Light, Semi-Bold, Extra-Bold, Black, Fat)
    will adobe add those in adobe Bengali font family?
    How do I contact them or upload them?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As a project is worked on by several designers from the company, it would be nice if it were possible to download a file to save in the Documents Fonts folder so that, when clicking on this file, it would go directly to activating the font on the page. It could be an xml, for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Acumin needs to have curly quotes drawn for the face. It's such a great font but as someone who works in publishing, proper curly quotes are so critical!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. fonts are not showing in adobe after effects.. User has no clue where to click or go to resolve this.. It's wasting so much time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The FAQ for font licensing says that single characters or glyphs cannot be used for engravings and such. However, certain things can only be represented by a single character. This is understandable with Latin characters, where a single letter can become an almost infinite number of words or phrases, but with Chinese it is much more finite and isn't necessarily used for creating words or phrases like Latin characters are. I believe there should be an exemption of this rule for Chinese characters and similar languages that represent things with single characters, perhaps except for copyrighting logos, as it is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Take the body of the text (paragraph) and translate it into different language (s)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'd like the ability to use custom fonts in a Web Project.

We can upload to Typekit and use custom fonts in offline projects, (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat etc.), how about the ability to use them in 'online' projects (dreamweaver (or any other website creation program))?

I'm aware the webfonts can be used, but why not have the ability to collate all fonts into one Web Project/ typekit stylesheet?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting this idea! Currently the fonts users upload are added to the Creative Cloud app; they exist outside of the Adobe Fonts service. Additionally, it would be difficult to build a feature that would comply with the various End User License Agreements of the fonts users upload. 

To support this feature we would need to overhaul our web font service, which unfortunately isn’t on our roadmap right now. Regardless, I appreciate your comments and have shared them with our product team.

14. I need to be able to use adobe fonts when offline! I‘m on a trip right now and wanted to use the time to work. Well, tough luck, i can‘t because the adobe fonts got removed/deactivated.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The key to using Adobe Fonts offline is to 1. Not log out of the  Creative Cloud desktop app, and 2. Don't shut down your computer. As  long as you remain signed in after losing internet, you should be able  to continue working with the fonts.

I know  this is not ideal, and I'm sorry to hear you ran into this issue. Our  team appreciates your feedback and we hope to improve this experience.

15. I don't know how this is still missing at managing fonts with adobe software, but it will be a lot easier to find a font that has a Cyrillic variation, if there is a switch for that.
    Now I need to scroll through every font in the list, that I have, just to find fonts that supports Cyrillic. It's really annoying and not really a fast process.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 💡

How possible is it to create tools bar that categorize fonts? e.g Script fonts / Serif Fonts /San Serif Fonts etc🤔 all having it own sections to make selection of fonts easier.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?