Skip to content

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Welcome to the Adobe Fonts UserVoice! Our product team is excited to develop this page as we begin to receive your ideas and feedback.

You can vote for an existing idea or add your own. When adding a new idea, please include:
  1. Description of the feature or area of product
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, any images or screenshots that help us understand your request
  4. BONUS! What is your occupation, and do you select fonts in your daily workflows?
We look forward to hearing from you!
—The Adobe Fonts team

If your submission is not a product feature or suggestion, and/or it's not about Adobe Fonts or using fonts in Adobe software, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and do not post personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help using the Adobe Fonts service? You can:
1. Check out our documentation here
3. Post in our Community and get answers from type experts

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

265 results found

1. Allow shared management of font web projects. without this ability you can lose access to web projects if someone leaves the team, etc. It also makes it hard to add font weights, verify ownership, etc.

I can't create a shared dummy account either due to cost issues.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Please introduce better filtering options:
    - Double story/single story g
    - Double-storey/single-storey a
    - Dynamic shapes, Passive shapes, Constructed shapes
    - Fonts by use (newspaper, book, poster)
    - Fonts with variable sizes
    - type fonts

Your filter is currently a bit stone-age and just doesn't do the products justice. Thank you!

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When browsing fonts within the Adobe Fonts web site, it would great if each font file had a table of its glyphs able to view. Often I'll visit sites such as MyFonts to see glyphs details. But not every font carried on the Adobe Fonts service can be cross-referenced at the MyFonts site.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Could you allow collapsing all font family names at once in the font manager, please? It is not productive to collapse one by one, and the view of everything expanded by default is very bad. Thanks!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'd like to be able to search for fonts that would be suitable for athletic wear by searching for smart keywords such as "athletic" or "varsity".

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Your current categorization "system" – Hallowe'en (?!), Fun, Futuristic, etc. – appeals to amateurs and is near useless to professional typesetters.

I want to be able to see if a font has small caps, is suitable for body copy in books or is better for headlines and display, etc. It would also be great to be able to view by date designed and other typographic fine-tuning options.

Adobe has been in the font business for many decades. I would think that you could offer far better tools to find your font offerings.

Thanks,

Gareth

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. On the Adobe Fonts website, when looking at Active Fonts, every font is listed by default, grouped by family. When trying out fonts in a design, these can add up quickly, especially if you're trying different weights.

It would be immensely helpful when attempting to clean up, rather than nuking ALL the fonts (which may be a nice feature for some, but I do have a few I keep around for most projects), it would be nice if the families were collapsed by default.

An inline summary of the number of fonts in each family should be added to more…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This is similar to "favorites" but allows the option to create folders to save favorited fonts to. For example, when I start a new design project, I would like to collect/save font options to a unique folder to browse through and/or send to other Adobe CC users to view (much like moodboards on Behance).

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add a way to "favorite and/or save" Foundries like LiebeFont so we can be alerted every time a new font is offered!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I wish we could have better tags for searching fonts, as well as using multiple filters at once. Adobe font's should just steal what dafont.com uses. It takes way too long to find a font I need on their site

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The ability to search a font by keyword. For example, "military font."

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I'm looking for a font with a full set of ligatures, which means manually copying in glyphs from elsewhere and scanning through pages and pages of fonts that don't include what I need. (84 pages of sans serif! No way I'm going to take time to click through all of these.)

It would be awesome to have the option to automatically filter out any font that comes up with an empty glyph in the sample type, or some other way to browse only fonts that include specific glyph sets, whether it's ligatures, accents, math symbols, etc.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. You need to show complete glyph map ... we purchase/activate/download much of the type we used based on the presence of specific features. Display type is often picked based on particular characters, ligatures, etc; text faces picked on the basis of features that we need (sc, osf, etc) ... today I needed type with circled numerals, but couldn't figure out a way to find that info on your site, but luckily Molly helped me out via social channels. MyFonts shows a full glyph map, and they're eating your lunch on this feature at least! It would be awesome if Adobe…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Suggestion: provide options to sort, and ideally to filter (live search) the lists of active and previously active fonts in the Creative Cloud app.

At a minimum, I'd suggest the lists be sorted alphabetically as standard. Looking at my active fonts, the order appears arbitrary at first, but I believe it must be the order in which I activated them, which I don't think is useful.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can you please add more technical information, including the ability to preview a font's full list of characters - similar to the glyph flyout menu?

Also - please improve the search capabilities. Right now, when I need a font, I must first go to OTHER websites like fonts.com to do my research and preview the full character list. When i narrow down my choices, i then go BACK to adobe fonts and cross my fingers and hope you have what i need. For the amount of money I pay each month, this should not be my experience.

You need to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Once in a while I want to view my favorited / hearted fonts. But those are hard to find.

Why not having the Favorites page ccessible througout every page in Adobe Fonts?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Users should be able to 'hide' fonts that they don't want to see in the drop down menu. System fonts like 'Noto Sans' essentially divide the whole menu with a large number of fonts that can't be deleted from the system. Having the ability to hide these fonts is the solution that many people have been asking for, but for some reason both adobe and apple have ignored the problem.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 筑紫オールドゴシックという最高のフォントをAdobe fontsでも使えるようにしてほしい!このフォントは日本中の映像作家やクリエイターに愛されています!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Although I like being able to "HEART" a font, it's one dimensional to my needs.

I would like to be able to create a "TAG" or a "FOLDER" so that as I'm researching Adobe fonts for a project, I can virtually/dynamically organize them into that "TAG". Then, when in InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, I can filter fonts to show just those associated with that TAG/FOLDER.

This would be helpful if you're jumping into and out of various brands that use different Typefaces.

You could better organize groups of fonts by Brand or Project and get to them faster.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I don’t know how other people are feeling about it, but when it comes to the Tags, things like Wedding of Fun don’t really help me a lot, but I would love to be able to search for Display or Condensed fonts. And I would second the suggestion someone else already made, that it would be great if there were tags according to the best use of fonts like Newspaper, Books or Magazines.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?