Skip to content

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Welcome to the Adobe Fonts UserVoice! Our product team is excited to develop this page as we begin to receive your ideas and feedback.

You can vote for an existing idea or add your own. When adding a new idea, please include:
  1. Description of the feature or area of product
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, any images or screenshots that help us understand your request
  4. BONUS! What is your occupation, and do you select fonts in your daily workflows?
We look forward to hearing from you!
—The Adobe Fonts team

If your submission is not a product feature or suggestion, and/or it's not about Adobe Fonts or using fonts in Adobe software, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and do not post personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Need help using the Adobe Fonts service? You can:
1. Check out our documentation here
3. Post in our Community and get answers from type experts

Adobe Fonts | Feature Requests and Feedback

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

265 results found

1. Hello,

Aktiv Grotesk font by Dalton Maag has a VF (variable) version for about couple years now, but that is not added to Adobe Fonts.

Also, the newest version of the font is 5.xx offered by the foundry, but it seems that we have version 4.xx on Adobe Fonts.

Please add the VF font variant of Aktiv Grotesk (as already offered for other Dalton Maag fonts here).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. In the Creative Cloud app, fonts families appear with panels fully open. It annoys me to have to scroll! There should be the ability to collapse all fonts families at once instead of having to do it individually. Even better would be a way to search for a font in the app. The search field in the CC app searches for other things that take me to the Adobe website. I would to be able to search for a font and activate/deactivate it within the app without having to scroll to find it!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I can't understand the difference between the Adobe Source Sans Pro font and the Adobe Source Sans 3 font both present on the platform. They are the same thing?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The font called The Seasons doesn't include the Øø (it shows Oo), but when looking at it on Myfonts there is an Øø, so it must be a bug or it hasn't ben updated to final version. The italic version has Øø

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  08. Font bugs  ·  Admin →
  5. Please, please, please add Welsh to the list of languages, this would save hours browsing fonts which do not have the rare w and y's with circumflex accents which are needed to typeset in Welsh. With the need to make documents accessible, ie. text readers for the visually impaired, workarounds for missing accents are no longer workable and having fonts with all the accents included is essential.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adobe should have a true font-management tool, something which allows one to manage all fonts stored on a Mac/PC. Such a tool can dramatically improve font workflow -- I've been using Maintype 11, and it's great, but Adobe should have their own tool like that.

Yes, Adobe does have a very lightweight and feature-lacking "half-tool" for managing fonts, but it's kind of a joke, and lacks almost all the features I would want to see -- it's not a true font-manager at all; it only lets you install or uninstall fonts from the fonts.adobe.com website, and doesn't let you arbitrarily…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. please place a filter in the adobe font library for which fonts have ligatures and swashes. it is truly disappointing to have to load a font in an application before seeing if they have ligatures/swatches—takes much time. thank you for your good help.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I don’t know how other people are feeling about it, but when it comes to the Tags, things like Wedding of Fun don’t really help me a lot, but I would love to be able to search for Display or Condensed fonts. And I would second the suggestion someone else already made, that it would be great if there were tags according to the best use of fonts like Newspaper, Books or Magazines.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dalton Maag recently updated their Aktiv Grotesk family with a wider range of weights and widths, with specific expanded and much welcomed support for Hebrew. As part of the expansion the Hebrew letterforms were seriously updated, but for some reason the 8 styles of the previous version were not updated (light, regular, medium and bold, upright and italic of each). Now different weights have different letterforms - please update the original styles as well so we can all have a cohesive family to use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make it easier to find fonts that are designed to reflect a cultural feeling.
    Fonts in English that have a Chinese, Celtic, Russian,etc. FEELING to the design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would love to see 3 new tags.

1. Condensed - including all fonts that are tall and thin, regardless of font style and including but not exclusively fonts labeled "condensed" and "compressed". (examples-Birch, Niagara, and Bee, also Alternate Gothic Condensed and Compressed)

Extended - including all fonts that are short and wide, regardless of font style and including but not exclusively fonts labeled "Extended". (examples-Blackoak, Madrone, and HWT Tuscan Extended, Milka, Modesto Expanded, Neuzon Regular, Viva Std Bold Extra Extended.)

Square - All fonts with squared corners, regardless of font style, whether or not the corners are sharp, whether or not…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Being able to change the preview text, the spacing, and leading would help immensely when picking out a font for a new project.
    In addition to the regular preview the same pictures provided with the fonts on the website would allow for a quick overview.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would really appreciate it, if there was a better way to manage fonts. Having all fonts in a list, all families expanded no less, requires me to scroll through everything when I am looking for something particular I cannot remember the name of. And when I go through them one by one I have to click on every item on the list to be given a preview, no using my downward key to save time.
    If there were a way to allow for the creation and use of tags or folders, it would be an immense time saver.
    The…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SCROLLING IN LARGE QUANTITIES
    If I as a professional am looking for a font I want to be able to scroll. Now I have to look and then click to the next page over and over again. This gives a big delay in the process. Websites like DaFont give you the option to look per 25, 500 100 or 200 fonts. I d not understand how a company specialized in graphic software can miss this and needs to be asked for this feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 我在安装了思源黑体,我确定已经安装到了本地,Adobe系列软件以及其他软件均可使用,但是在过了一段时间之后,思源黑体这个字体经常会消失在我软件的选项当中,这个真的很奇怪,反反复复好多次了。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08. Font bugs  ·  Admin →
  16. I am a visual designer who firmly believes that font choice can make or break a brand. I would love to see the module in GPT/Bard to help me select a font that matches Adobe fonts for a brand character I can describe. Also, explain and educate you about the reasoning behind choosing these particular fonts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The Brandon Grotesque font has support for Cyrillic characters in all styles, but for some unknown reason, after installing it from Adobe Fonts, not all styles display the text correctly. For example, only light and bold work, and tofu is displayed in other styles.
    This problem occurs not only to me, but to all my colleagues, so I assume that the problem is in the font.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08. Font bugs  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide font preconnect link to optimise font loading (for example google fonts provide this)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The Adobe Fonts section in the Creative Cloud Desktop App needs some improvements to its user interface. Currently the fonts list does not have a functioning scroll bar. At work I use a desktop PC running Win 11 Pro and at home I use a notebook running Win 10 Pro. At work I can get by using the scroll wheel on my mouse. At home I have a Wacom tablet connected; the only way I can scroll through the fonts list is by hitting arrow keys on the keyboard. And that often doesn't work. It's really annoying.

I really miss…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'm looking for a font with a full set of ligatures, which means manually copying in glyphs from elsewhere and scanning through pages and pages of fonts that don't include what I need. (84 pages of sans serif! No way I'm going to take time to click through all of these.)

It would be awesome to have the option to automatically filter out any font that comes up with an empty glyph in the sample type, or some other way to browse only fonts that include specific glyph sets, whether it's ligatures, accents, math symbols, etc.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?